After 9 months we are pleased and thankful for all God has been doing in our home and in the lives of our guests! We have now completed our first Toronto Summer as a home, and what a hot summer it was! Even our residents from the Middle East and Africa remarked at Toronto’s heat and humidity.
Matthew House Camp
This August Silas Hill residents, former residents, and volunteers were so happy to join Matthew House at their annual retreat to Muskoka. It was a tremendous weekend filled with sunshine, canoeing, praise, prayer, dance, learning about Canadian nature, and getting to know people from around the world.
Silas Hill is so thankful for the many ways Matthew House has supported us this year, and we are already looking forward to next year’s retreat!
Needs and Prayer Requests
- For God’s peace and love always in our home.
- For help for residents to find more permanent places to live.
- For one particular resident who has gone back to a very difficult situation in Africa in order to help her children.
- For former residents who are trying to make a new life in Canada after leaving Silas Hill.
Since January 2016…
Silas House Home has welcomed 43 residents from 18 different countries, Over 40 meals have been shared with the house by Life Groups, Rooted Groups and other volunteers and friends, and so far our youngest resident has been a 10 month old boy from Djibouti.
- The ministry of Matt and Kui Millar who have come from America to live in and support Silas Hill
- A 5 Kilometre walk/run organized by The Peoples Church with the proceeds going to Silas Hill. A Huge Thank you to all who supported us!
- Visits by Life Groups and Rooted Groups from the Peoples Church for meals and special outings!
- Welcoming 5 children during the last month, all 6-years-old and under
- Matthew House Retreat in August
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1