- In August Silas Hill residents and volunteers were invited along with Matthew House to a day away at Lake Kelso. An amazing time was had by all!
- The Peoples Church’s 2017 City Day included a group of 28 volunteers who came and joined our residents in cleaning Silas Hill. The house is sparkling thanks to the generous gift of their time!
- Since January 2016, Silas Hill has provided a safe home for 71 people from 22 countries. So far in 2017, 9 of our residents have been children, elementary-school-aged and younger. During that same period we have also had 3 pregnant moms as a part of our Silas Hill family!
2017’s Peoples 5K in support of Silas Hill was a great success! Thank you to all who participated and donated! Over $40,000 was raised to support Silas Hill’s expenses.
If you have not yet had a chance to give, please go to ThePeoplesChurch.ca/give-now and designate your gift to Silas Hill.
Meet our Leadership Team
As we near our 2 year anniversary, Silas Hill would like to say a huge thank you to all of our incredible volunteers! They have laboured with great love and welcomed refugees from around the world to our home. We particularly want to thank all those who have been a part of our leadership team during this period, including: Elizabeth Pettigrew, Antonette Pettit, Joanne Fung, Laura Dobrowolski, Lara Boghos, Sean Dillane, Ling Goh, and Seta Kazandjian. None of this would have been possible without them!
- Pray for former residents as they continue to get used to Canadian life
- Pray for our residents’ families back in their home countries, some of whom are facing persecution, fear and uncertainty
- Pray for our residents as work towards their refugee hearings, learn a new language, figure out employment and longer term housing, and deal with Canadian cold weather!