As we have begun our third year of ministry, we have so much to thank our heavenly Father for:
- His faithfulness and provision for our residents.
- Our dedicated volunteers who love and serve our residents and have made Silas Hill part of their life and family.
- Our ever growing Silas Hill family, where we learn and grow together with our residents.
- The opportunity given to us to welcome newcomers to Canada, with love and trust in a world separated by borders and fear.
- A baby was born to a couple residing at Silas Hill around Christmas! He is the second baby to be born at Silas Hill.
- Celebrated the 2nd anniversary of Silas Hill. It was a time to remember God’s faithfulness to us all, as we welcome our residents and walk with them. When they leave and start a new phase in Canada, we gain them as neighbours and friends.
- We thank God for Rob Perry who served as Silas Hill Manager since its beginning. He moved on to serve with a partner organization: International Association for Refugees, obeying God’s call to his life. Rob continues to serve on the Silas Hill Leadership Team.
- We had the privilege of welcoming Lucy from the UK, she has been our gift from the Lord during this time of transition. Lucy connected with residents, volunteers and helped IAFR in setting up the internship program.
- We celebrated Family Day with games and snacks and prayed for our residents who are away from their families.
- Twin 11-year old brothers had their first ever volunteering experience by joining their parents in a cleaning day at Silas Hill. Thank you 10:10 for your help!
- March Break at Silas Hill was filled with songs, crafts, worship and fun, led by amazing and talented volunteers! Thank you Linda and Joy!
- Living Truth visited Silas Hill to capture some beautiful moments and testimonies shared by residents and volunteers.